It's a cool product, Fred. Answers below:

/Rick N6XI

Rick Tavan
Truckee, CA

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Fred Jensen <k6...@foothill.net> wrote:

> Thinking of replacing my Pigknob [which doesn't work when I'm running
> remote] with a KPod.  Couple of questions:
>
> 1.  If I'm reading the product description correctly the only connection
> between the K3 and KPod is a cable to the RJ-45 jack on the bottom edge of
> the Front Panel under the RIT/XIT?

Correct, if your K3 is appropriately configured. IIRC, there is a necessary
mod to provide adequate power that isn't in all earlier K3's. I run my
K*Pod with a single cable. N.B. It's a "special" cable with no connection
between the Pins 1, not a standard 6-conductor RJ45 cable.

> 2.  Is that cable supplied with the KPod?

IIRC, Yes.

> 3.  Will the KPod control the remote radio via RemoteRig RRC-1258?

Yes, I do it all the time. I'm using a full K3 as the remote control head.
Can't answer for K3/0 or K3/0 Mini.

> 4.  Assuming #3 is a Yes and I'm operating a remote K3, where are the
> macros stored?

They're stored on the remote K3. The eight buttons on K*Pod launch 16
macros (Tap vs. Hold) stored on the radio. In your case of operating a
shared station, you might want to coordinate macro definition with the
station owner.

Check out the manual, downloadable from Elecraft.

/Rick