Well .. I checked the D19 setting, and it was set to 'Y',  did the 40/80 alignment went OK, then to verify, did the complete VCO voltage checks as listed in the K2 manual on p64.   All were fine.

So far so good.  Continued on with the 40/60 alignment tuning as listed in the K60XV instructions, and could not get the power showing under TUNE higher than 0.1.

OK .. figured lets bypass the K60XV, so I unplugged the board, found the 4.7 pF capacitor and inserted in pins 1 & 3 of J15, added a jumper between pins 3 & 5 on J13.   Left D19 as set per the K60XV troubleshooting instructions on page 60.   Then tried to check the 40 meter power.

Same results.   So I put everything back together.  Removed the capacitor & jumpter, reinstalled the K60XV,  put the KPA100 back on, and went back to the shack.

Figured I had better hook everything up (K2 & KAT100) and make sure the other bands can tune.   Powered it up, and it was sitting on 40m.  Said what the heck, and pushed TUNE .. 2.0 watts showed up on the LCD display ... THUD.

Could it have been as simple as not properly aligning the pins of P1 and J13 ???    Even P2 and J15??   The board was recognized when I initially installed it,  so I'm at a loss, but happy to see 40 & 60 working.

Thanks for all the advice.

73,

Neil Z, KN3ILZ