Yes, there is very limited space in that area so it's difficult to tighten
that nut unless you have a very compact tool. My thinnest, smallest crescent
spanner couldn't fit (much less turn) in that space, but rather than put the
project on hold to find the right-sized tool, which in retrospect would have
been the best course of action, I used a wrench to hold the outer (fixed) nut
stationary while using the pliers to tighten the inner (free) nut. The Elecraft
tech uses only a pair of needlenose pliers in their Youtube video that
demonstrates their recommended installation procedure.

The multi-size spanner that KY5G suggested seems even larger, so likely would
be too large to fit in that space. The problem is not so much thickness, but
width. However, it is inexpensive and might be worth getting and trying. That
torque wrench he suggested is probably small enough to fit and work, with its
narrow "tuning fork" shape rather than a "crescent" shape, but at $115 is
insanely expensive for something that I may only ever use again if I install a
second transverter in my second KX3. I think what I'll do at this point is
first see if I can find a suitable tool that isn't nearly that expensive.

BTW, I am using a coax jumper to reduce torque on the connector, but my
application is pedestrian portable, not base-station or "picnic table"
portable.

I appreciate the advice and the leads. I'll have to chew on this some before
taking action.

Thanks and 73, Ryan AI6DO