Good Evening,

   I was able to listen around on twenty meters during the WPX event.  I was not able to find an open frequency.  So I listened to many very loud stations getting all sorts of people replying to their CQs but they never heard them at all.  I must have found a dozen stations like that calling over and over right over the top of those trying to work them.  I thought about sending my call a few times but never sent a dit since they couldn't hear anyone.

  However, the event was done by the time the second net rolled around.  There were a few storms out there somewhere but mostly the band was open.

  On 7045 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

AE6JV - Bill - CA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

WP1BK - ???

   While today is nice it looks like the rest of the week will be wet and cool.  It will give me time to catch up on my writing if I don't get blocked.  Some days I look at a screen and can't type a word.  Other days 4000 words magically appear.  I have no control over it at all.  I really want to get done with this project so I can publish it.  But I want it to be good and correct at the same time.  So it takes time.

   73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-