      From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
 To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: "k...@yahoogroups.com" <k...@yahoogroups.com>; elecraft...@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, June 1, 2018 8:47 AM
 Subject: [Elecraft] Boldly OT: 6 meter Sporadic-E season and the FT-8
microjuggernaut

At first I thought it was my receiver. Or my antenna farm, limited in scale by
a pre-nuptial clause. Or noise caused by the zomboid army of switching power
supplies oozing inexorably into my personal space.

Nope.

It turns out the dearth of CW and SSB signals on 6 meters at the height of 2018
Spring Sporadic-E season can be traced to one factor: the 24-hour intravenous
rave that is FT-8.

Yeah, I get the whole sub-noise-floor-and-not-automated-(wink)-QSO thing. But
I’d like to figure out how those of us who enjoy the occasional gear-grinding
manual-transmission contact can find each other on this brave new highway.
Ideas?

Wayne
N6KR

Message delivered to alor...@sbcglobal.net