Don,

Thanks for the updated information.  It's quite helpful.

For those of you that don't think that fan noise is a potential problem, you need to understand my point of view on this.

I've tried very hard to get a good clean noise free signal to my speaker or head phones..  This starts with a good antenna system followed by a good ground system and chokes as needed to reduce any induced noise into the system.  i still have work do in this area.

It doesn't make much sense to get the above done, only to have the audio portion of the signal interfered with.

So before I lay down significant $ for another device, I want to find out all the pro's and con's for that device so I don't later regret the decision.

In my case I'm not interested in getting a set of headphones (that includes a boom mic) that clamps on to my head that causes discomfort.  If I'm going to use a set of headphones it will continue to be the Yamaha CM-500.  The mic is outstanding and it's the most comfortable headset I've ever used.  I use the headset for cw and ssb, but I prefer to use my external speakers for RTTY with the volume low.

While I'm not all that interested in remoting the amp, I may end up going this direction.  I have the room to build a sound proofing wall that can be located between my operating desk and external wall to the shack where my entrance panel is.  This may be a good option, if needed, in order to have a quality piece of equipment in my shack. I've spent time on my antenna system to mitigate noise, I may have to do the same thing on the audio side.

So the folks who don't mind the extra fan noise (if in deed it exists) fine, but understand where some of us are coming from that don't want to deal with the noise (if in deed it exists).

At this time I'm still looking forward to taking delivery of the KPA-1500 in the very near future.

Rich - N5ZC