I run two K3 radios with MicroHAM u2R for SO2R in N1MMplus.
It has been working, but occasionally I get a message about COM port
conflicts, about the two COM ports that are used to control the radios, and
this causes problems during a contest such as tomorrow....

I have spent some time looking for the source of conflict, but don't see
those two COM port numbers used by anything else in Device Manager, even
when using "show hidden devices". When I set up everything related to N1MM,
and the u2R I totally avoided using those two COM ports that are used for
the radios. I never get the errors when just running the radios without
N1MM/u2R. I don't remember any such error from long ago when I was using
N1MM without SO2R. I sought advice on a computer forum and a Microsoft
employee advised me to try using high port numbers such as 25 or higher for
my applications, as any "hidden" usage in Windows would be unlikely to use a
high number. No conflicts are reported for the numbers I use for N1MM and
u2R, so it seems meaningless to change those to high numbers. It seems I
need to try high COM port numbers for communicating with the radios. How can
I do that? Using the Elecraft FTDI adapters.

Thanks,
73, Erik K7TV