For several years I've been using my K2 to have a QRP station at our club's
FD (Rochester MN - K0Z).  They used to run kilowatts, but have settled on
100 watts, and aren't willing to use less. So, the QRP station is
administratively a separate FD entry (W0LLN), it receives the x5
multiplier, and I get to help set up and take down, to share in the
camaraderie, the food, the portapotty, and all the bonus points I feel I
can justify -- I get the ARRL message from someone else, I claim the info
table and the education, but the elected official never came over to me so
I don't think I can claim that.  Overall, it works well, and there are
always a few people interested in what a simple station looks like.

I stick with S&P and paper logging -- I don't have enough battery power to
keep a laptop going, and my iPad just won't do it.  Next year maybe my CW
will be up to running, and I'll get a more satisfying score.  But I did get
K6IE, who was at least as loud as anyone else -- QRP to QRP, halfway across
the country.

   Peter W0LLN