Lee,

I get the digest too, and the Elecraft reflect includes the messages as attachments.  I'm not sure what email program you're using, as I use Thunderbird, and it does this.

What I do is if I find a message I want to reply to I look at the list, get an idea of which message it is in the attachement list and double click on it.   It then comes up as a standard message I can click the reply button on.

I then delete all other emails listed other than the Elecraft reflector and add my reply.

This works for me, YMMV.

Neil, KN3ILZ