Prior to receiving my KAT500 I have routinely connected my K3S to the KPA500
via the AUX cable and the KX3 keying output to the PA KEY jack via an RCA to
RCA cable at the same time.  The RF input from the K3S or the KX3 goes through
a two position coax switch.  Having both connected at the same time has not
seemed to cause any identifiable problem in going back and forth between the
two driving transceivers.

The question is may I make the same connections through the KAT500, the K3S
connected through the KAT500 via AUX cables and the KX3 connected to the KAT500
via the PTT RLY connections.  It appears that the internal inhibit relay opens
both lines when an interrupt is necessary and that other than that the two
connections are in parallel.

Very 73 - Mike - K9JRI