On 7/3/2018 1:59 PM, ANDY DURBIN wrote:
wo of my KH1 FT8 QSO were completed after I had given up and turned off TX
Enable.  Although I was still in the shack I had no involvement in completing
the QSO.  I was just a spectator.  That is very different from the level of
interaction required to complete a QSO in CW, Phone, or RTTY.

Let's not forget that ham radio is a TECHNICAL hobby. While I've worked hard to improve my operating skills, transmitter, antenna, feedline, understanding propagation, working to find and kill receive noise are also part of it. And don't discount operator skill with WSJT modes -- knowing when to call, where to place yourself in the frequency window, all are things we need to learn.

If I can work expeditions with FT8, I'll find better things to do with my time than sitting in a pileup for hours with guys tuning up or calling on top of the DX, which then brings out the childish "cops" cursing them and "yelling UP idiot."

73, Jim K9YC