Mike, thanks for the comments.  But I am still a bit confused.

Would an 80/40/30 combo work on a KFL1-4 board?

Thanks

- JT

On 5/18/06, Mike Morrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
W6FO wrote:

>Possible band combos on KFL1-4:
>40-m, 30-m, 20-m, 17-m
>40-m, 30-m, 20-m, 15-m

Add the following:  40m, 30m, 17m, 15m.

>30-m, 20-m, 17-m, 15-m
>80-m, 30-m, 20-m

I don't think those two are good combos without some filter redesign to allow
20m and 30m to share the same low pass filter circuits.  Normally 40m/30m share
one LP filter section; 20m/17m/15m share another.  You'd also have to be
careful in re-arranging the capacitors that are switched in the RF and Premixer
bandpass filter circuits to support these combos.

>80-m, 40-m, 30-m

>80-m, 20-m, 17-m
>80-m, 20-m, 15-m
>80-m, 17-m, 15-m

The standard KFL1-4 filter board, *as supplied* from Elecraft, can be built for
40m/30m plus ANY TWO of the following:  20m, 17m, 15m.  I've never understood
why Elecraft advertises the *standard* KFL1-4 as supporting 40m/30m/20m plus
ANY ONE of the following:  17m, 15m.  It is a little more versatile than that.
I guess the assumption is that no one would ever forgo 20m coverage.  That's
still no reason to inaccurately describe the technical capability of the
standard KFL1-4.

Mike / KK5F