I think it sounds "orrible!". I'm quite used to the low rumble of the blower in my Alpha 77D but that ticking would be like Chinese water torture to me. Listening to an individual tick it does seem to have a ring to it. Okay the recording was perhaps not the most acoustically perfect but it certainly does sound as if the ring is from the source and not any sort of artifact. If it is from the source then I think you can probably find a way to damp it. First trick will be to identify the specific source.

I had read other comments about a ticking, always imagined it to be minimal and essentially unobtrusive but if what you have recorded is anything like how it sounds sat in front of it then definitely it does sound pretty bad to me and not just in amplitude but also in its timbre, pitch, and repetition rate.

Martin, HS0ZED