4600 KHz is the threshold for 80/60 meters. Below is 80, above 60. Your KPA is
trying to decide which band it needs to be on and is switching back and forth
with the modulation as it causes the frequency to change.
The delay is simply the band change. It would require firmware changes to fix
this one.

73,
Jack, W6FB