One option in my thinking is to use the coax switch on the input of the KPA1500.  Then one can switch between the K3 and K2/100 and not need a high power switch.  The KPA1500 in standby is then in bypass mode and one doesn't have concerns about switching high power.

Oh what the heck do I know.   I only run a KPA500 with switching between two radios to the input.  Also have PTT interfaced accordingly.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 7/21/2018 4:52 PM, j...@kk9a.com wrote:
I have had a Daiwa two position switch for decades. It is not part of my
permanent setup however I have used it on many occasions running legal limit
on HF without issue. It appears to be a well made switch. If they did not
discontinue the four position one I would have purchased one for a
DXpedition. Power ratings are frequency related, your switch is rated up to
600MHz and perhaps the UHF connectors are the limiting factor. At what
frequency is it rated for 1KW CW? You did not specify what  bands you
operate, if you want the best manual coax switch look at a Bird.

John KK9A

Elecraft] Coax Switches for KPA1500
Dauer, Edward edauer at law.du.edu

What sort of mechanical coax switches are available for 1500 watts
continuous power?

The one item I haven't yet upgraded since putting the KPA1500 amp in place
was a two-position coax switch.  I have the K3/KPA1500 on one side and a
standby rig - a K2/100 - on the other, switching either one to the antenna
feed.  The Daiwa CS-201A that I have in place now is rated to 2.5 KW SSB but
only 1.0 KW CW.  The Daiwa 201GII has a 1.5 KW CW power rating, but it comes
only with N-type connectors.  I could use that with three N-to-UHF adapters,
I suppose, or redo three coax terminations; but thought I'd ask first if
anyone knows of a manual switch with high isolation, unused side grounded,
1.5 KW continuous power capability, and UHF-F connectors.  My Internet
search came up empty.

Thanks in advance,

Ted, KN1CBR

Message delivered to rmcg...@blomand.net