Hi,

Let's do the math. The K3(S) has an IF frequency of 8.215MHz. So when you
listen to, say, 21.4, the synth is generating 21.4 + 8.215 = 29.62MHz.
Multiply this by 3 and add the 8.25.MHz and you get 97.06MHz! The K3's mixer
has a *very* strong response to the 3rd harmonic of the LO since it is
essentially a square wave. The responsibility for removing this spur is
entirely with the HF filter which evidently does not have enough suppression
to totally reject this extremely strong signal. Do you have the tuner in the
K3? Turning it on would probably help since it is low pass in nature. An
external auto tuner should also help. Your ICOM radio probably is an up
conversion radio so would not have this particular problem (responding to
odd harmonics of the LO).

AB2TC - Knut

W9RE wrote

--