> > 1.  A 13.8vdc  dual-6146 TUBE AMPLIFIER, separate box,
> > with view of the tubes ... 200 watt PEP. I know
> > it may sound odd - but TUBES crank it out better than
> > solid state - no matter what they tell us!
>
> First, you may be hard-pressed to get 200 watts PEP out of a pair of
> 6146's. Typically, these babies are 180-200 watts INPUT.
.
That was true for linear amps for SSB service but CW purists could crank up
the plate voltage to around 900v. and get 240 watts input class C.  - maybe
170 watts out.  Plans are in the 1975
ARRL handbook. (T9er) .  In linear service, 100 watts out would be about
max.
9. Elecraft HF PORTABLE TUNER Kit; meter, dummy