N6TV writes:

> When Elecraft adds mouse support to the P3SVGA, please use the scroll wheel
> for fine tuning after the click, as one does on an SDR.  You're can almost
> never tune in someone perfectly just by clicking, and you shouldn’t need
> two hands to tune in a station, one on the VFO knob, and one on the mouse.

> Like the P3 VFO „markers," all a mouse needs to support is *horizontal
> movement* of a single vertical line when you move the mouse, not a fancy
> mouse pointer that goes up and down.  A vertical line is sufficient.  We
> only need to click on signals on the waterfall, not „buttons" or "menus".

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to mention this. Yes, no mouse pointer is
necessary.

> I understand that modern Icom radios (IC-7610, IC-7851) already support
> click-to-tune on their waterfall displays using a USB mouse or touch-screen
> tap, but they ignore the scroll wheel completely, making them much less
> useful.  Elecraft can and should do better.

Yes, we used two IC-7851s at WRTC and the scope worked as you described.
Besides you could use a right-click on the mouse to listen on a frequency and
return to your CQ-frequency upon releasing the button. Yes, the fine-tune
functionality is missing at ICOM. During practical operation one hand was
controlling the mouse and the other hand the main-VFO for fine-tuning. Room for
improvements!

> If Elecraft needs to „monetize" this to make it happen, *I would gladly pay
> $50 for a P3 firmware upgrade that provides P3SVGA mouse support.*

I would be willing to pay for it as well.

While playing with my P3 with SVGA-option for a while, now, I realize that I
sometimes would prefer a slightly faster waterfall speed. On the other hand I
never use the scope display above the waterfall. So maybe some CPU power could
be rearranged to optimize the waterfall.

Thanks everybody for a good P3 discussion!

73,

Stefan DL1IAO, SA3CWW/SM9A

--
Stefan v. Baltz