Lee,

Have you checked that K3 to see if it has the gold pins. Remove the Front Panel assembly to check. If it has tin plated pins, often just removing the front panel and putting it back will clean enough oxidation off the pins to correct the problem, but if it has tin pins, get thee gold ones from Elecraft.

73,
Don W3FPR