Thanks Mark,

According to a tech at a one of the aviation stores, the latest versions of
the A20 will allow using the headset/mike to access a paired device such as
a smartphone, both to and from. Use it by muting the phone mike and
talking/listening via the A20.

Talking on a phone in a small plane has the same audio issues as radio
communications with flight service without noise cancellation, etc. The A20
handles that kind of problem very well.

The battery and Bluetooth are in an accessible blob on the A20 cord. But
the idea of 1K$ to start with, and then dropping that 1K$ out of warranty
to remove the cord beyond the blob gives me the hives.

73, Guy K2AV