I use commercial spam solutions for relief from internet email spammers. Lots
of them out there. That's all well and good.  The REAL problem for me are robo
calls to my home phones and cell phone.  I listed both phones on the State of
Missouri and the Federal *No Call Lists*  years ago.  That worked ok for a
while, then totally spiraled out of control.  Spammers don't pay any attention
to the *List* and violations are not enforced.

I found a fix in an app called *NOMOROBO*  No More Robo (calls).  After you
sign up for the service, their server spots the fingerprints of incoming spam
telephone robo calls on your phone line.  My phone rings a partial ring (.5
sec?) then the software at the server end sucks the call off my line and adds
it to their national database blacklist.  The Caller Id is still displayed on
my TV screen, but before I can get my butt out of my chair, the ring stops,
telling me not to bother with the call, it's spam.

I can't remember how many years I've used NoMoRobo but I was an early adopter
and it has been working beautifully for probably 10 years now.  The idea was
hatched by a couple of guys during a contest to find a solution to annoying
Robo Calls (necessary because your local telco doesn't want to help inhibit the
use of their paid services).  You don't need to load your *white list* phone
numbers.  There is a free version of NoMoRobo and a paid version.  So far, I
have seen no need for the paid version.  In all this time I only had two
callers get wrongly *captured* by the spam software and both were vendors I use
who had recently changed their phone number.  Calls from my doctor's
appointment office, Trash Hauler, etc come right through.

While not affiliated with the firm that offers this (I wish I were) I recommend
looking it over and deciding for yourself if it suits your needs:

www.nomorobo.com

73, Terry WØFM

Pardon the bandwidth