I did purchase a Gigaware USB to serial converter cable from Radio Shack as I recall.   Loaded the drivers that came on the CD with the purchase.  Spent several hours over several days trying to get the thing to work.  It would almost work but gave me errors or didn't work at all.    Finally threw the entire thing in the trash and uninstalled the drivers.

Purchased a USB to serial cable from R T Systems.  All issues were resolved and every thing works as it should.

73

Bob, K4TAX