Looks like I missed Don's earlier response. Sorry for taking up the bandwidth.

Scott
AD5HS

On 9/2/2018 6:30 AM, Ted Salmon wrote:
The encoder plus attached PC board is attached to the Front Panel with a lock
washer and 1/2" hex nut on the encoder shaft. The diameter of the hole on my
Front Panel was 10 mm as measured with my calipers. The diameter of the
threaded mount on the encoder is ~ 9 mm while the diameter of the ring at
the base of the threaded mount is ~ 10 mm. How is the encoder correctly
mounted by hardware to the inside face of the Front Panel?

I tried 3 methods without success.
<snip>