This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway...

Got my K3S tonight, and starting to put it through its paces.  The 2m
module was factory installed.

The problem I have is that the RF/SQL control is still behaving like an RF
control and not a squelch (ie, I always hear background static).  I've
verified that I'm in FM mode, SQ Main is set to 00 and SQ=FM.  I'm
listening with the built-in speaker.  The transverter does seem to be
working; I can hear the repeater, and it can hear me.

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I haven't been able to
figure out what it is.  Any suggestions?

   Nick

--
*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it