I don't see an answer for you Mike ... are you talking about the "RRC1258 COM2" virtual port that shows up when the USB is plugged in that can be used for controlling other equipment [e.g. antenna switches]?  If so, I believe the 1258 replicates a complete RS-232 set of signals from control end to the radio end.  I'm not sure if it's 2-way however [i.e. bring status data back to the control end].  There is at least one config setting to make it work.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County