Jim K9YC wrote:

So what?  The significance of an RF ground is highly
overemphasized. Park next the to end of the runway of your local
airport and watch the 747's take off. Call me collect when you see
one trailing a ground wire. Last I heard, the onboard electronics
and radios work just fine without one.

Of course an RF ground or a connection to the earth is not essential.
Indeed, my point was that a connection to the earth was NOT required.

In the question I was responding to, the writer was trying to reduce the RF
voltage on the case of his equipment because everything was not floating
above ground, like in an airplane. I was suggesting ways he could reduce the
RF voltages on the gear without a connection to an earth ground.

Ron AC7AC