Just completed assembly of my K2. The VFO display reads about 1.5KHz high. I've
attempted several times to calibrate it by adjusting C22, but I'm not able to
get the frequency of TP1 on the 30m band any lower than ~14.9154MHz (while the
vfo set to zero beat with a 10MHz signal) without it causing the radio to stop
responding.

When c22 is adjusted to a point where it lowers the frequency of TP1 below
14.915, the display freezes and it stops responding to button presses. If the
power is cycled, no relays click and the display has no indication of life.
When c22 is returned to the previous setting, the radio becomes responsive.

What should the next steps be?

Thanks,
--mark/ae0mm