Eric,

There is no quick and easy path to do that. Your easiest solution is just to let the KPA1500 auto-select the band. It has frequency sensing and just a brief burst of RF will cause it to change bands.

A more indirect solution is to use a band decoder like the Elecraft KRC2 which will sense the RS-232 data and provide band data output. You would have the use the KXSER cable on the KX3/KXPA100 combination and a USB to serial adapter (KUSB) to the computer. You then would have to feed the KRC2 band data to the KPA1500, but the KRC2 has explicit bands decoded, and they would then have to be encoded to drive the 4 band data inputs on the KPA1500.
So as far as I know, there is no direct plug-in solution.

73,
Don W3FPR