Hi Peter,

Although we have not tested that specific brand of alkaline cell, in general alkaline cells when compared to NiMH or LI cells show much higher internal resistance.  This is of course why they are not as suitable for high-current use, and though the Duracell cells also measure 1.55 V open-circuit, when drawing any significant current (>250 mA) they quickly sag to less than 1.3 V.  We have tested a Duracell alkaline, the results are here: https://proaudioeng.com/duracell-alkaline/

The rechargable alkaline technology has been around for quite a while, Eveready used to sell them, but due to charging difficulties such as cells leaking during charge, they were discontinued.  I suggest using them in an external holder until you are sure they will behave...

Cheers & 73,
Howie - WA4PSC
www.proaudioeng.com