I took the K2 #2735 out of my storage case and played around a bit. I got it hooked up to Spectrogram and followed the instructions in the PDF written by N0SS provided on the elecraft website. Most of the filters were dead-on. The only one that was off for CW was the 2.4 khz filter, which I adjusted. I sometimes use that filter so I can 'listen' to what else is on the cw band (I know, I'm weird..)

I set the filters, in fact I changed my side tone from 750 hz to 600 hz. I was able to satisfactorily get the filters to work as they should. I used the Elecraft noise generator to create the necessary noise, and it has the SSB adapter in it.

I discovered another strange phenonenom. I was listening to W1AW on 40 meters. If I recall correctly, their signal is on 7.0475 mhz. Well, if I zero beat the signal using the zero beat button, I found that it would zero beat on 7.04762 mhz. Come to think of it, for the longest time one of my friends would point out that my rig never seems to be on the frequency that I have on the readout (I'll tell them to go to a frequency.. they will and find that mine is off). It's been a long time since I have picked up the k2 building manual. Does it sound like my rig is off frequency? Is there a tuneup step or adjustment to make if it is off frequency? Thanks!

73,

James Kern KB2FCV