Ignacy, for many years I was using a legal limit tube amp in combination
with a manual tuner. For 20m and up, where the antenna has low swr and broad
bandwidth, I would put the tuner in bypass position. For 40m the tuner would
be active and I would manually adjust it, which didn't happen very often as
I would mostly stay in the cw portion of the band. The amp could perhaps
have handled the swr on 40m without a tuner, but I used the external tuner
so I could tune up the amp on a dummy load rather than on the air. Over the
years I did occasionally forget to switch the tuner into or out of bypass
when going to a different band. So, manual switching rather than manual
tuning was a bit of a problem. Now used to the KPA500/KAT500, I am spoiled
and don't want to go back to having to remember to switch. I was hoping that
the KPA1500 would not have the tuner built in, but I can see how most users
save money with a built-in tuner. When I said my antenna swr can be up to
4.5, I quoted the worst case I can remember. The 40m coil is copper clamped
onto aluminum elements. When I installed the antenna in 1993 I didn't apply
compound to keep the joints healthy. Over the years, when I have been
inactive for a long period such as a year, I have noticed the higher swr
values that I quoted. Some operation at high power has then restored band
edge swr readings to somewhat lower values, such as 4:1. If I recall
correctly, those readings were well under 4:1 when the antenna was newly
installed.  I intend to service the antenna some day and get back to those
better swr readings, but accessing the antenna for service is for me a big
and difficult undertaking. With the prospect of getting somewhat close to
the 3:1 limit,  I am very interested in detailed derating numbers for the
KPA1500 tuner, as well as any information that might indicate that it can
safely handle somewhat higher swr depending on the actual complex load
impedance..

73,
Erik K7TV