My apologies for going far OT here. Any replies direct only please.
I am trying to fix the broken N connector on a surplus 100W dummy load, RELM
T44004.
The female part has lost 2 of its 4 fingers, and needs to be replaced. The
connector has a standard size square flange with 4 screws. (This is *not*
the same as the larger square flange of the interchangeable Bird
connectors). On the back is a custom part that connects to the load
resistor. It seems to be crimped to the female N part. My hope is that I
will be able to separate these parts and attach the custom part to a new
N-female part. The combo slides out easily from the teflon insulator. The
first task is to obtain a new N-female part, preferably gold-plated. Taking
a hacksaw to a barrel female-female, or elbow male-female seems like a lot
of work. Even getting the center connector out of a chassis mount N female
might take some work, but seems easier. My junk box is heavy with N
connectors, but to my surprise I couldn't find a single chassis mount N
female. My question to the group: Has anyone attempted to get the center
part out from a female N connector? Was a particular brand of N connector
especially easy to work on?
Thanks in advance for any tips.
73,
Erik K7TV