Sorry to report but my 6 month old KPA1500 died (near death to be factual). My
amp is #172 and has been in service since May 2018. It has been super and
haven’t had any problems until yesterday. Was on a 160m net, checked in without
issue. When my turn happen I keyed the mic and immediately got a fault. Reduced
power and checked out. The amp will now only produce about 400-500 watts but
the audio is not good per on air reports. Elecraft has my config file and fault
table and I’m sitting waiting to see the next steps. This is my first major
issue with Elecraft and I hope all goes well. Will keep the group updated.

I’m sure glad I kept the the KPA500 and  KAT500. That equipment has been in
service a couple of years without any problems. Hope it didn’t catch anything
from it’s big brother LOL.

Paul - W1PEF