OK1RP wrote:
"try to look for used K3 with appropriate options matched for your needs"

Dick I strongly endorse Petr's excellent advice.  You can find some
excellent choices on sites such as qth.com and eham.net.  I've bought and
resold 5 or 6 units since my very first SN #111 since I like to trade up to
the latest production versions (now on #86XX).  I're made enough on these
units by stripping out options I don't need and reselling them separately
for higher prices such that the total net cost of my current unit is
probably zero or maybe even a net profit.

Here are a couple of units on qth.com (click Search Ads at the top) that are
worthy of consideration:

Elecraft k3/100 100 watt transceiver; KAT3 Auto Antenna Tuner: KBPF3 General
Coverage Receiver; KFL3A-28k 2.8khz 8 pole filter; K3FLA-400 400hz 8 pole
filter; power cord; all manuals. SN23xx---no holes, blemishes, or dents.
Never operated mobile or portable. Nicotine and pet free environment. $1450.

Elecraft K3 / 100
Pristine condition- Radio has 2.7 filter ,KAT3A AT, KPA3A 100 watt amplifier
Powerpole power cable, Manual, Latest firmware installed. $1450 plus
shipping.

$1450 is still a LOT of money for many of us, but a bargain compared to
buying a brand new K3S, and you're getting about 95% of the performance.
BTW I have no connection with either of the sellers above.

73 & GL,

Bill  W4ZV

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/