Running beta software, but not reporting results (good and bad) isn't making a major contribution.

Less-than-helpful testers is a major problem for developers, which is why some resort to software that reports by itself, and beta versions that quit running on a particular date.

Developers wouldn't have to do that if testers really understood testing.

73 -- Lynn