I have a "long" 80 meter dipole that I use for 160.  It is too long for 80 but
not long enough for 160.  At 70' above ground level, it's SWR is 3:1 on 160.
My K3s (internal tuner) matches it to 1.3:1 according to the radio's display.
I did not have to do anything special with the radio to make that work.

I do have a pretty good RF ground though.  Before I could get any decent
performance on 80 (including decent SWR), I added to my RF grounding.  Where
the HF coax enters the shack, the shield is pulled to ground (1' of #4 copper
to an 8' copper clad ground rod).  That same grounding plate is also connected
to another 8' ground rod about 15' away which is right below the service
entrance to the house.  A piece of #4 connects from that ground rod to the
electric meter base.  All of the #4 is buried except at connections where I've
used Pentrox for CU/CU connections.  The ground rod at my HF coax entrance also
is tied to 2" wide copper strap that runs into the shack to a copper bar (old
-48vdc grounding bar from a phone switch) and all of my equipment is tied to
that bar.  Under the shack where the copper strap comes in, the CATV coax and
CAT 3 telephone wiring are grounded to that
strap.  The CATV coax has a little 4' ground rod right at the wall entrance
that is tied to the electric meter base also.

This also cured some issues on 80 meters running an RF amp where I could make
the phone ring and change channels on the TV when I keyed up!  All of that is
fixed.

My $0.02 (and that's all it's worth :)

Hank
K4HYJ