During transmit your PA current will increase even with no power out due to biasing of the final PA devices.  On my KX2 current draw goes from 135 mA (RX) to 500 mA (TX) just by hitting the XMIT button but with no key down.  Over the 2 minute TX cycle of WSPR that will heat up the heat sink a bit.  But that's normal.  HTH

72,
Brian, K0DTJ