-----Original Message-----
From:  Jerry Volpe
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:35 PM

My second project began with the following in mind:
1. Using band-pass filters rather than low-pass and high-pass.
2. Include the ability to move the combined filter cross-over for
different CW offsets.
3. Get the lowest distortion possible in the filtering.
4. Use something commercially available rather than 'build your own'.

---------------------

There is an easy way to do this with commercial gear.  Get a pro sound
crossover unit.  Behringer (*spit*) makes some for about $100 new, maybe
less.  It gives you the ability to adjust the crossover frequency plus
other features you probably don't need.  Most of these are 18 or 24 dB
per octave which may cause rather abrupt shifting of signals from L to
R.

Feed the audio signal into the unit, pick your crossover freq.  Feed the
high & low outputs to your headphone amp, one to the L, the other to the
R.

Maybe I'll borrow the Xover from church and try it with my mini
headphone amp...

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -