Do you have a PC at the radio site? If so, the simplest way to do data
modes, and particularly WSJT-X, is to run the digital program in the
computer at the radio site and control it using remote desktop software. In
WSJT-X modes you don't need to listen to the audio, you don't need access
to the radio's front panel, and by doing the digital encoding and decoding
at the radio site you avoid any potential issues with Internet latency and
jitter. You can either run WSJT-X stand-alone controlling the radio
directly, or you can use Commander to control the radio and have WSJT-X use
Commander for rig control.

In CW and SSB you do need audio transport over the Internet as well as
front-panel control (the big tuning knob, in particular) and in CW you will
likely want a paddle at the control site as well. The RRC boxes do a great
job with all of this. You can configure the virtual serial ports in the
control-site RRC box to provide CAT control and a Winkeyer port for a copy
of N1MM+ running at the control site. In this configuration you do not need
a PC at the radio site, unless you need one for controlling other devices
(rotor, amp, antenna switches, equipment power on/off, etc.). Or, if there
is a computer at the radio site you can configure the radio-site RRC box to
provide CAT control and CW keying access to a copy of N1MM+ running at the
radio site and then control that copy of N1MM+ using remote desktop
software.

73,
Rich VE3KI

AE4ED wrote:

Before attempting to set up remote using K3s/0 and RRC-1258 MkII, I was
using DXLab Suite and WSJT-X just fine on my K3s.  I am hitting a wall when
I try to use DXLab Suite plus wSJT-X with the K3s/0 and RRC-1258 MkII.

Has anyone successfully done this?

I have seen two remote options come up during my internet search.
1) K3s/0 remote using RRC-1258 MkII w/o PC
2) K3s/0 remote using RemoteHam software apparently w/o using RRC-1258 MkII.

Ultimately, I want to do remote contesting using N1MM+ with the ability to
operate SSB, CW and data.  So, if anyone has information on how to
configure such a setup, that would be great as well!