Jeff,

Concept is good, but ignores the latency problem with Bluetooth. I think that would be a "killer" for data modes like FT8 which need rather precise timing.

To get an idea about the latency of Bluetooth, try monitoring your CW with a Bluetooth headset - unless you are a slow operator, the delay (which is caused by latency) will drive you to phone operation.

73,
Don W3FPR