Roy,
The very first thing you do is attach a dummy load to the antenna jack on the
back of he amp and isolate the problem to the amp or feedline and/or antenna.
If you don't have one, you should purchase one right away.
I have seen the type of fault many times, and a good percentage of the it is
not the amp.  One fault I have seen more than once is using high power into a
load with high SWR.  That develops very high voltages on the coax, and it arcs
through.  Once that happens, you need to find the issue with the antenna and
replace the coax.
Dick, K8ZTT
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android