Hello John –

If I may add my thoughts to those you have already received - - -

The KAF2 is a must-have addition from my point of view.  Like you, I am almost
entirely CW.  I have three K2s, and every one of them has a KAF2.  The audio
filter adds real value to the K2 CW experience.

I also have the KNB2 noise blanker in each but haven’t found it to be very
effective with the kinds of noise I encounter.  If something is to be left out,
this would be it.

The KAT2 tuner is also worth adding, but you might want to think about spending
just a bit more and getting the KAT-100-1 external ATU . . . . just in case you
ever add the 100W amp.  I believe it is not possible to have the amp and the
KAT2 in the rig at the same time.   The KAT-100-1 solves that problem.

You might also consider the KIO2 interface . . . works very well with logging
programs such as N1MM, among other things.  But this is not, in my view,
essential.  And if you get the amp someday, you'll get an interface.

In addition to the K2s I have a KX3 and a K3.  The KX3 has more bells and
whistles than the K2 does, no doubt about it; but when I want to go low power
the K2 is my choice.  Much more comfortable – and fun – than the KX3, though
that too is a matter of completely subjective opinion.

Finally, I didn’t see your reasons for not wanting to build your own.  I
enjoyed the builds so much, I may buy yet another just for the fun of doing it.

Ted, KN1CBR