Paul,

Sometimes it is just better to replace D16 and D17 than to trust them to an ohmmeter reading.
They can be "half bad" - OK at DC, but not at RF.  They are 1N5711 diodes.

If you have the latest updates, the oscillation is not a concern unless you have a T/R switch problem.

If your thermal pads look OK, reuse them.  they already have conformed to the slight contours of the heatsink and PA transistor surfaces.  Just be sure to put then back the same way they were - they usually stick to the heatsink, so re=positioning them is not a problem.

Measure those 22 ohm resistors to make certain they have not changed value due to overheating.

73,
Don W3FPR