Hi,

How are you measuring your actual output and in which mode are you testing
it? I have a K3S and a K3 souped up to near K3S but still with the original
transmitter chain. I have no problem achieving 100W with either one of them
into a factory calibrated LP100A, testing it in FM mode. Overall I think the
original KPA3 with bipolars is at least as good a transmitter as the new
FET-based KPA3A. The transmitter chain in the K3S has been "recalled" twice
in order to improve the 3rd order IMD. The original KPA3 has remained
unmodified as far as I know.

Heve you done the wattmeter calibration based on a wattmeter you trust, such
as the LP100A (by Telepost.inc) and have you done the TX gain calibration? A
properly functioning K3 or K3S should have no problem achieving 100W
provided the power supply is making 13.8V or more *at the transceiver*.

AB2TC - Knut

K9MA wrote

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/