I’ve measured common mode current when feeding a balanced line with a good DX
Engineering 1:1 balun and an unbalanced tuner, versus a real balanced
link-coupled tuner (Johnson Matchbox). To my surprise, the currents are closer
to equal with the unbalanced tuner and the balun! But the Matchbox seems
quieter.
More investigation needed...

Victor 4X6GP