"Find a signal, turn on CWT, then tap SPOT to tune it in. A second tap of SPOT
may get even closer, especially if there's a lot of band noise."

and

"I'm a great fan of using the auto-spot feature, and love to show it off to all
shack visitors, as an example of yet another reason they need to upgrade to
Elecraft,"

I must be missing something.  How is this 2 step activated spot feature better
than a single press of Kenwood's CWT?   I often use CWT on my TS-590S but
almost always with a spit or XIT offset (I didn't know that was a secret).

Andy, k3wyc