Support got back to me. The tuner firmware guy is looking into it. Stay tuned...

Walt, WA1KKM

On 2/21/19 5:33 PM, Peter Dougherty wrote:
This is exactly what happened to me. Very annoying. My KPA is in the shop
repairing the blown final and I hope they can address this issue as well. My
thinking is that if a tuned solution for a given frequency is already known
then it should be set as soon as the radio QSYs there.

  - pjd

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter J. Legowski <sue.w...@dososaur.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:22 AM
To: Peter Dougherty <li...@w2irt.net>; Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA-1500 tuner question

I experienced the same thing, especially on 20M.  The tuner is apparently ignoring some of the
signals on the AUXBUS line.  I put a scope on that line.  I can see, some of the time, the
amplifier responding to the signal with a "clunk" as the tuner relays adjust to the new
segment.  The rest of the time, I see the signal, but no response from the amp.  If you attempt to
transmit when the signal is ignored, you get chattering relays followed by "ATU Retune
Complete" on the amp display.  I took a photo of the signal trace and sent it to Support
yesterday.  They haven't gotten back to me yet.