FWIW, Astron's are rated for ICS, if you really want 25 amps continuous
you need a 35 amp linear power supply.

John KK9A

Don Wilhelm donwilh at embarqmail.com
Jimmy,

Astron power supplies have a nasty habit of having loose wiring
terminals.  They use only pressure to hold the ring terminals on the
inside to the terminal bolts.
If you can detect even a slight rotation of the bolt when tightening
terminals on the outside, remove the covers and tighten those bolts from
the inside.

The other problem is improperly assembled APP connectors.  If you look
straight into the end of the connector, if you can see the tip of 2
blades in either side, give the contact blade an extra push from the
wire side until the contact blade locks over the locking tab.
That is also a cause of APP connectors which tend to pull out with very
little tension.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 2/25/2019 2:12 PM, James Walker wrote:
> I have a K3 that behaves similarly to what Mike described. I switched
from an Astron 25 amp (15 years or more old) power supply to a switching
power supply. Problem solved. One would think the problem was my Astron
power supply, but I don’t see any such power drop when I use my Astron
with other 100 watt rigs. Very strange.