I have and use the same configuration as you describe.   Make sure both VFO A and VFO B are in the same mode.   Be sure you are in DATA A mode.   With DATA A mode it is a USB mode  as used for FT-8.

The right side of the display on the radio should show SPLIT just above the VFO B frequency, then TX with the arrow pointing down to B, and then DATA to the right.   When you press and hold DATA MD it should show DATA    A  in the VFO B area.

I trust you are running WSJT-X  V2.0 and have the application running as stand-a-lone.  Otherwise, no interfaces, no other applications, no logging programs or such which could be controlling the radio.

73

Bob, K4TAX