From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Randy Farmer
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 10:24 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: Astron linear PS regulation issues

I have two recent vintage Astron RS-35M units. They still use the exact same
723-based regulator circuit that they have used for thirty years or more, so
the design hasn't changed. What **may** have changed is the build quality. I
carefully inspected both of mine right after taking delivery. I made sure the
green wire from the AC cord was securely bonded to the chassis and checked for
obvious soldering problems. I also tied the negative output line to the
chassis. They have both been running like trains 24-7 for the last three years
or so. The only failures I've had (on both units) are the stupid internal meter
lamps.

73...
Randy, W8FN